Skip to main content

Confession # 20 - Warning confessions can be detrimental to your health!

Before I post my next confession let me just say: I'm back baby!  I've have taken a tiny sabbatical from blogging for the last month, one, because I have been preparing for my speaking engagement at the Women's Ministry event last Saturday, and two,  because the Lord has been working on me in some areas of my life.  In fact because of some of my confessions God has sought fit to "deal" with me. : )  It's all good and I am making progress but there's been quite a bit of growing pains along the way. 

For example, in previous posts I've confessed that:, I want to get away, and God's forced me to face some huge issues in my life that I've been avoiding.  I've also confessed that I don't do confrontations, and in this short month I've been faced with three of the largest confrontational experiences of my life!  Additionally I've confessed that I need to clean up this mess and get myself well.  Consequently, God has revealed to me that although my faith is strong my will is weak and that I need to begin making good and healthy choices.

My advice to you, as unsolicited as it may be,  is to be careful of what you pray for.  Simply, because God does answer prayer, Big Time!  If your not ready to deal with your issues then don't confess them because our loving and faithful Heavenly Father will force you face them head on and expect you to do the work you may have been expecting him to do.  Remember my last post, God doesn't clean up our messes?  Well He doesn't but He will hold the mirror up to your face and reveal your dirty messy life to get you to change.  This is always an eye opening experience.

It's that old chisel and hammer effect.  If you ask God to mold you into the woman He wants you to be, well then don't underestimate that when He begins to chisel away at your heart that there won't be pain and shame. But it's so worth it in the long run.  The Bible tells us in 1 Peter 5:10, "And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." And 2 Corinthians 4:16 tells us, "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all."

Whatever confessions you have turned over to God He will cause you to deal with them.  However  the Apostle Paul reminds us, "...we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."  Romans 8:28.  And Psalm 37 tells us, "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun."

Dear Lord, "Although I know this can be detrimental to my "health",  I pray that you would continue to chisel me into the woman you created me to be."  I pray that the pain would be "light and momentary" and that the result would bring glory to you."  "And dear Father, please do the same for my sisters in Christ everywhere."  AMEN.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Confession #87: The Golden Buzzer

Today while visiting a friend, she asked if I had seen this amazing girl on AGT. I told her that I don’t watch that show but after she described this woman, I said wait, is that Nightbirde? She said yes and played the clip. This gorgeous woman with a song in her heart put herself out there in front of the entire world to compete. Then she reveals she has been suffering from this horrific cancer in her lungs and spine and liver, and she only has a 2% chance of survival. Her song an original she wrote called, “It’s okay.”  I recognized the description of her because, ironically, this was the second introduction I had to the amazing Nightbirde. Just the day before I had stumbled across her one of her blog posts. An ode to the Lord that she praises God amid her pain. Coincidence? NEVER!  Recently, I have had the stuffing knocked out of me. Taking blows has become somewhat routine in my life and this current situation is one of the more powerful ones. Thankfully, I do not have c

Confession #83 "It Ain't Over, Till it's Over"

You know the famous saying by the baseball great Yogi Berra, “It ain’t over till it’s over?”  Well in God’s economy, it’s true!   In Luke 18: 1 it says, “Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.”   In 1999 when my husband and I purchased our home, we had no children and the plan for them was years off, so we didn’t think much about school zoning.  Honestly, we thought by the time we would have to be concerned with schools we would have moved into a larger home in a better area.  After all, this was our starter home.   Twenty-one years later and by the grace of God, we are still here.  And that school zoning problem has been an issue since our daughter became school aged.  Rather than send her to our local zoned schools we opted for charter schools.  Knowing we could not afford to send her to a private, or Christian school that was the best we could give her.  I believe the Charter schools we sent her to are great schools, with g