Skip to main content

Confession #34 - A necessary evil

Today dear sisters was a very difficult day.  Our dog of 14 years, Nicolas, died.  His health has been declining for a long time but after suffering a stroke early this morning we knew it was time to let go.  The process took a toll out on myself and my husband, but it was also very difficult for our 6 year old.  She kept saying, I wish no one ever had to die.

Don't we all?  How many of us who have lost a loved one, would do almost anything to bring them back again.  Personally, the closest I've come to this kind of loss is when my Grandfather died back in 1993.  I never did get to say goodbye.  After staying strong while managing to get myself and my sister packed and on a flight to Tampa, when I saw his body lying in there in the casket I broke down terribly.  I grabbed his jacket and kept screaming, "Grandpa, Grandpa!".  His death wasn't real until I saw him.  That's why I hate viewings. 

Death is a necessary evil.  It plagues all of us from time to time and eventually we will lose to it at the end of our lives as well.  But my question to you today is, Do you know where you'll go after you die?  Can you say with one hundred percent certainty that you will be in Heaven? 

If you think yes because I'm a good person, well, the sad news is no.  The bad news is that we are all sinners and sin leads to death.  If you say yes because I've asked God to forgive me, then still the answer is no.  Just asking God's forgiveness in His eyes isn't enough.  Just being good won't do either.  We are not given the gift of salvation out of our goodness.  Ephesian 2:8-9 says, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast."  Ladies the bible is crystal clear on this fact.  John 14:6, "No one comes to the Father except through me."  We can't earn salvation, we can't just be forgiven and receive it we have to receive the gift God has for us. 

Long before the first Christmas, sin came into this world.  God being holy, required that an atonement, a sacrifice must be made in lieu of sin.  That sacrifice was the death of a perfect lamb, calf, dove, essentially an unblemished or "sinless" animal.  God knew that sin was so rampant that we, his people, would never be capable of enough sacrifice to free us from an everlasting death.  So instead, our loving Heavenly Father sent his perfect, sinless son to be the atonement for us once and for all.  He sent us this beautiful gift, he sent Jesus to us on Christmas morning through the miracle of a virgin birth to later be sacrificed at the hands of evil men for our sins and to save us from death.  John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."  Romans 10:9 tells us "If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."  Yes you will be saved!

If you aren't sure if you're going to heaven, you can be sure today!  You can know with certainty that heaven awaits you my dear sister at your end on this earth just by saying and believing the words of this simple prayer:

"Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.

I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.

You said in Your Holy Word, Romans 10:9 that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved.

Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved.

Thank you Jesus for your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sins. I thank you Jesus that your grace never leads to license, but rather it always leads to repentance. Therefore Lord Jesus transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to you alone and not to myself.

Thank you Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life.
Amen.

Thank you Heavenly Father for loving me so much that you sent your son Jesus.  Thank you to my precious Lord Jesus for enduring the horrible atrocity of the cross, that necessary evil to free from spending an eternity away from you in hell.  I love you Lord.  In Jesus Precious name I pray, Amen!

If you prayed that prayer, please email me at dirtychristianwoman@gmail.com.  I'd love to personally welcome you to the family!!!

God Bless you my dear readers and I wish you all a very Happy Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confession #87: The Golden Buzzer

Today while visiting a friend, she asked if I had seen this amazing girl on AGT. I told her that I don’t watch that show but after she described this woman, I said wait, is that Nightbirde? She said yes and played the clip. This gorgeous woman with a song in her heart put herself out there in front of the entire world to compete. Then she reveals she has been suffering from this horrific cancer in her lungs and spine and liver, and she only has a 2% chance of survival. Her song an original she wrote called, “It’s okay.”  I recognized the description of her because, ironically, this was the second introduction I had to the amazing Nightbirde. Just the day before I had stumbled across her one of her blog posts. An ode to the Lord that she praises God amid her pain. Coincidence? NEVER!  Recently, I have had the stuffing knocked out of me. Taking blows has become somewhat routine in my life and this current situation is one of the more powerful ones. Thankfully, I do not have c

Confession #83 "It Ain't Over, Till it's Over"

You know the famous saying by the baseball great Yogi Berra, “It ain’t over till it’s over?”  Well in God’s economy, it’s true!   In Luke 18: 1 it says, “Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.”   In 1999 when my husband and I purchased our home, we had no children and the plan for them was years off, so we didn’t think much about school zoning.  Honestly, we thought by the time we would have to be concerned with schools we would have moved into a larger home in a better area.  After all, this was our starter home.   Twenty-one years later and by the grace of God, we are still here.  And that school zoning problem has been an issue since our daughter became school aged.  Rather than send her to our local zoned schools we opted for charter schools.  Knowing we could not afford to send her to a private, or Christian school that was the best we could give her.  I believe the Charter schools we sent her to are great schools, with g