Skip to main content

Confession #69 - Heavenly Pleasures and Treasures

Photo taken from  https://www.flickr.com/photos /marianneedelacruz/8657019110/
Today I've been thinking a lot about Heaven.  It started out with an indescribable bliss I was feeling about the simple pleasures in life.  This morning my slice a pumpkin bread from Starbucks was warm and wonderful.  Later a trip to the Italian meat market brought to mind joy-filled childhood memories.  I began to find such pleasure in simple, relatively ordinary things and an appreciation for the gift of life God has bestowed upon me.

So few times do I just slow down and reflect upon these pleasures.  So few times to I just operate in monumental happiness, but today I had a few of these incredible moments which lead me to think about how unimaginably joyful Heaven must be.  To live in utter and complete joy here on earth seems absolutely improbable, still it's possible when we commune with God on such a deep and intimate level.  But in Heaven, living within this realm of joy is not only possible it's most certainly probable.  And so I began imagining Heaven and what my mansion will be like.

Photo Taken from http://rfhadley.com/
In the Book of Revelations John describes Heaven, "The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass.  The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, the fifth onyx, the sixth ruby, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth turquoise, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.  The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of gold, as pure as transparent glass."

The Bible also tells us that we are also storing up treasures in heaven whenever we sow seeds in the spirit, by obeying God, giving and doing His will.  Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal."  Matthew 6:19-20.  And Matthew 13:52 says, “Therefore
Photo taken fromchristianpreschoolprintables.com
every teacher of the law who has become a disciple in the kingdom of heaven is like the owner of a house who brings out of his storeroom new treasures as well as old.”  and in chapter 19:21 Jesus says, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”  John 14:2 tells us that Jesus is building us a mansion there, "My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?"

So basically Heaven is beautiful, we get to enjoy the pleasures of the treasures we store there based on our early performance and we get to live in a great mansion that Jesus himself is preparing for us.  We get to spend our days surrounded by the purest love and are able to worship our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ continually.  How incredible does that sound?

Photo taken from theshelbyreport.com
After a lovely trip to the Italian market my mind began to flutter with what those treasures in my mansion would be.  This may sound silly but I believe our mansions will be filled with things that we appreciated here on earth.  If that's true, mine will be filled with elements of Italy everywhere since this is the sole place on earth were I want to be.  I imagine the smells will be aromatic with fresh baked bread and pastries, fresh cut grass, pumpkin anything, and cinnamon, apples and cloves.  Of course it will be comfortable, warm, and welcoming.  I trust that there will be a beautiful and bountiful garden filled with flowers of all kinds especially hydrangeas.  I will be surrounded by loved ones and pets and that it will hold all of the simple joys I knew here on earth only to a degree of beauty that I could never imagine.  See for me, these are the treasure I dream of.  Gold and jewels are wonderful and I know there will be immeasurable amounts of them around but each time I earn a treasure for my heavenly home I believe that these are the types of things I will be surrounded by in eternity.  Have you ever thought of what Heaven will be like for you?  Have you imagined the pleasures and treasures surrounding you in eternity?

There is no doubt in my mind that that's where I'm headed when I leave this earth, and just imagining these pleasures and treasures waiting there for me builds a determination to stop living for this world and what it holds, but to enjoy each day as a gift.  A gift to earn more treasures in my heavenly home.

http://www.opendoor.org/
I know, that I know, that I know, I'm going to Heaven.  Perhaps you don't know for sure.   So I have to ask, do you want to join me?  If you don't know for sure that you are saved you can.  Romans 3:23 says, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."  But God loves us so much that He had a plan, " For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."  John 3:16.  The Bible makes it quite simple and easy, "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."  Romans 10:9-10.  You cannot earn salvation, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God..."

So we can't earn our place in Heaven, but we can receive the gift of salvation.  You can pray this prayer right now and know that you are saved and are going to heaven:

“Dear Lord Jesus,
I know I am a sinner, and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe you died for my sins and rose from the dead. I trust and follow you as my Lord and Savior. Guide my life and help me to do your will.
In your name, Amen.”
If you prayed that prayer please leave a comment telling me so, and let me rejoice along with you and the Angels in Heaven.   "In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents"  Luke 15:10.  I hope to meet you there someday and check out your incredible mansion.  God Bless you!

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for the heavenly pleasures and treasures in the simple things of life here on earth, but thank you even more for Jesus Christ who paid the price for my sins on the cross so that I can live an eternity in Heaven with you.  Lord I pray for my sisters reading this right now that they would receive the gift you have for them and that one day I will get to meet them in Heaven.  In Jesus' precious name I pray.  AMEN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confession #87: The Golden Buzzer

Today while visiting a friend, she asked if I had seen this amazing girl on AGT. I told her that I don’t watch that show but after she described this woman, I said wait, is that Nightbirde? She said yes and played the clip. This gorgeous woman with a song in her heart put herself out there in front of the entire world to compete. Then she reveals she has been suffering from this horrific cancer in her lungs and spine and liver, and she only has a 2% chance of survival. Her song an original she wrote called, “It’s okay.”  I recognized the description of her because, ironically, this was the second introduction I had to the amazing Nightbirde. Just the day before I had stumbled across her one of her blog posts. An ode to the Lord that she praises God amid her pain. Coincidence? NEVER!  Recently, I have had the stuffing knocked out of me. Taking blows has become somewhat routine in my life and this current situation is one of the more powerful ones. Thankfully, I do not have c

Confession #83 "It Ain't Over, Till it's Over"

You know the famous saying by the baseball great Yogi Berra, “It ain’t over till it’s over?”  Well in God’s economy, it’s true!   In Luke 18: 1 it says, “Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.”   In 1999 when my husband and I purchased our home, we had no children and the plan for them was years off, so we didn’t think much about school zoning.  Honestly, we thought by the time we would have to be concerned with schools we would have moved into a larger home in a better area.  After all, this was our starter home.   Twenty-one years later and by the grace of God, we are still here.  And that school zoning problem has been an issue since our daughter became school aged.  Rather than send her to our local zoned schools we opted for charter schools.  Knowing we could not afford to send her to a private, or Christian school that was the best we could give her.  I believe the Charter schools we sent her to are great schools, with g